Sunday, April 5, 2015

Crispy Nestum Cereal Cookies for Lunar New Year 2015!

It was coming to Lunar New Year and this year I was totally overwhelmed with work that I could not plan for my LNY baking list. As I was browsing the internet, there was few cookies trends going on and I thought I should give a try at some. Well, that was a thought! With time not on my side, I decided to go retro and recreate some of my childhood favourite taste. So I baked pineapple tarts, cornflakes cookies and "Nestum cereal cookies"! 

It must be crispy, aromatic and buttery! I did some research and here it my Crispy Nestum Cookies! 




 Recipe (For about 30 3-cm cookies) 
Ingredients:
  • 125g Unsalted butter, softened
  • 100g Caster sugar
  • 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 1 Egg
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
  • 75g All-purpose flour, sifted
  • 1/4 tsp Baking soda
  • 100g Nestum cereal 
  • 20g Nestum cereal, set aside for coating 

Steps:
  1. In a bowl, mix all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt together. Set aside. 
  2. In a mixing bowl, beat the butter, maple syrup and sugar till creamy white. 
  3. Add in beaten egg and vanilla extract. Beat till well mixed. 
  4. Add in flour mixture and 100g of nestum cereal. Mix well until you get a dough. 
    Sticky dough..feels like eating it right away!
  5. Divide the dough into 30 balls. 
  6. Coat each balls with nestum. Flatten it into 0.8cm thick and lay them on baking trays. The cookies will spread so please given sufficient space in between them.  
    Coated and flattened
  7. Bake the cookies in a pre-heated oven of 175°C for about 12 to 15 mins or until golden brown. 
  8.  Remove from oven. Let it cool for 5 minutes in the tray and remove the cookies to rest on cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment